Safety & DOT Compliance Manager
Location: Oakland, CA
Compensation: $70K - $80K /yr
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required
Travel: 50% - 55%
Employment type: Full Time
Company: PCC Logistics
Contact: Peter Montes
The Safety & DOT Compliance Manager will ensure that the company is in compliance with all DOT Federal and State rules and regulations and provide training, instruction and guidance in these areas. The Safety and DOT Compliance Manager would also be responsible for maintaining OSHA compliance and be knowledgeable of health and safety standards, corporate policies and procedures, best practices and access to additional resources as needed. Must also have strong organizational and communication skills. The manager oversees accident investigations and is also responsible for overseeing all record keeping that is performed after the investigation has come to a close. The position reports to the Director of HR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures safety and federally administered compliance regulations are enforced for equipment’s, vehicles, and transport employees
- Tasked with implementing safety policies, procedures, and training programs
- Direct oversight of auditing, reporting, safety inspections, administering safety policies, and implementing safety training programs
- Coordinating the reporting to regulatory Local, State, and Federal Agencies
- Work with Corporate and local management on accident/incident investigations and reports of employee injuries and vehicular incidents
- Involved in Trucking Associations and keeping management informed of new regulations
- Ensures that all regulations and codes are maintained throughout the environment and at all levels of production, warehouse, and office level throughout the organization
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment meets safety regulations and that all equipment and tools are used correctly by employees
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of all facilities and equipment. Any and all areas used by employees, customers, vendors, must be free of hazards at all times. Also, all equipment such as fire extinguishers, hard hats, gloves, and ergonomic devices must be available and in good working condition.
- Understanding of safety laws, regulations, and language as it relates to state & federal
- Responsible to conduct warehouse safety audits and implementing appropriate changes to correct or comply with regulations/standards
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, committee members and staff to formulate corrective actions.
- Designs training for all levels of employees & ensures personnel training and corrective action follow-up are completed.
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Travel required (50%–55%) to multiple sites and be flexible to accommodate company as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
- Warehouse & transportation industry experience a MUST
- Supervisory/management experience required
- Experience with regulatory agencies required (DOT, OSHA, etc.)
- Good interpersonal and management skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Strong P.C. & organizational skills
- Forklift Certified
- Highly motivated
The Safety & DOT Compliance Manager must have a fantastic interpersonal and communication skills. Organizational skills are also needed. As the Safety & DOT Compliance Manager you will be required to have a minimum of three- (3) years’ experience in warehousing, logistics, & transportation experience including managerial experience. Intermediate experience with use of MS Word & Excel. Knowledge and use JJ Keller Driver Program a plus. Professional written and verbal communication skills, ability to maintain multiple tasks in an organized manner.
Education and Work Experience:
Minimum 2 years college, prefer Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Completion of DOT & CAL-OSHA Compliance training
- Forklift Certified
PCC Logistics, headquartered in Oakland, is the premier Container Freight Station on the West Coast with 10 warehouse operations strategically located within major West Coast Ports. We are looking for an Assistant Business Unit Manager for our Oakland facility.