Customer Service Representative (Seattle)
Employment type: Full-Time
Represent PCC Logistics in a professional manner to our customers, vendors and general public completing and coordinating all office functions in regards to customer service, daily workflow and quality of work with the warehouse operations department.
Represent the company in a professional manner to our drivers, customers, vendors and general public. Completing and coordinating all office functions in regards to customer service, dispatching, daily workflow and quality of work with the warehouse operations department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily dispatch of all Driver Owner Operators which will include, but not limited to the following duties:
- Ensure all import/export loads available for pick up prior to dispatching driver.
- Ensure all information has been inputted into dispatch spread sheet on an On Time Basis.
- Ensure that all Owner Operators meet corporate standards regarding DOT, insurance, CDL, medical card, etc.
- This person must be able to communicate both written and verbally in the English language. Previous dispatch experience in a port drayage environment or in logistics
- Must be able to perform basic math skills
- Must be knowledgeable in MS word, Excel, and other software
Summary of Responsibilities:
The position of Dispatcher requires a self-motivated individual that is able to work as team player and perform multiple tasks. This person MUST be someone who pays attention to detail and stays very organized. Energy and enthusiasm are key.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package; as well as, an exceptional performance bonus potential. Salary $14-17 per hour – medical, dental, 401(K), vacation and paid holidays. Applicants MUST provide salary requirements to be considered.
We are headquartered in Oakland, CA and we are the premier Container Freight Station on the West Coast with 10 warehouse operations strategically located within major West Coast Ports. We are looking for a Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher for one of our Seattle, WA facilities.
We are a Multi-Focused/Multi-Faceted organization providing an array of transportation solutions through its umbrella of divisions with each providing its own unique value proposition. Each business unit, independent of the others, offers its own unique service and pricing model, as well as the respective core service business niche; Warehousing, Trucking, Cross-dock, Temperature Sensitive Trans-loading and Distribution, all independent of each other – but all under one company umbrella.
Our unique ability to handle freights of all kinds, coupled with our reputation for dependability and customer-focused service, has led to our growth and our range of services. Our ability to provide these services within proximity to major Ports is our competitive position; it allows us to better service the needs and provide an economical solution to our fortune 500 customers, as well as the small- to mid- range business partner. We continue to strive to be the premier service provider within the first to last mile in the goods movement chain to companies seeking a logistics partner.