Customer Service Rep. PCC Logistics
Location: Oakland, CA
Posted about 23 hours ago
Job Description & Requirements
Represent PCC Logistics in a professional manner to our customers, vendors and general public completing and coordinating all office functions in regards to customer service, daily workflow and quality of work with the warehouse operations department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Input faxed customer orders into PCC computer. Print and post rail/truck sheets. Create files and maintain all files in an accurate manner.
- Notify customers and receive faxed authorization prior to performing work of all extra charges.
- Coordinate, monitor and control all rail and truck traffic, insuring that no unnecessary detention & demurrage charges occur.
- Coordinate, monitor and control daily railcar switches to railroad and incoming truck appointments with warehouse operations in daily production meeting.
- Dispatch containers to trucking companies insuring that no unnecessary container per diem occurs.
- Arrange with Steamship lines for late gates. Notify customers when their freight will not make their designated vessel.
- Collect and log all truck unloading fees in truck receipt book, turning in all fees and receipts to facility manager at end of each day.
- Print IBP reports and orders daily. At end of each day, input all completed load plan information for their orders.
- Print all dock receipts for following days work.
- Complete container load plans throughout the day, notifying customers of all discrepancies.
- Complete all invoicing to customers when work is completed, with a goal of no later than 48 hours after work is completed.
- At month end completion, print all invoice reports and container load plan reports and submit to facility manager.
- Review all business with facility manager keeping communication levels at 100%.
- Keep all office areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in the English language.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills accurately.
- Must posses moderate to excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook
- 10Key by touch skills a must
- Organizational skills with an eye towards detail
- Understanding of the transportation industry A PLUS
- Associates Degree preferred, or three (3) years Business or related fields. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
About PCC Logistics
Founded in 1988 as Pacific Coast Container, PCC Logistics has risen to be an industry leader on the U.S. West Coast. Operating originally from a 10,000 square foot warehouse specializing in cross-docking of frozen protein, PCC has grown into 11 business units in 5 U.S. Coast Ports.